After the successful series of the conferences, ICASP and CSSCR, we have decided to hold their 5th edition together as a joint event and at the same location. The scope is unchanged: it covers all aspects of solidification related researches and applications. This joint meeting will offer a great opportunity for the solidification experts, from both academic research area and engineering applications, to share their knowledge and new scientific achievements, and to discuss the common challenges and potential pathways for future developments. It is also expected to enhance exchanges between academic researchers and industries, from West and East, at the location of the UNESCO World Heritage city of Salzburg, at the heart of Europe. Solidification science and technology deserve the destination as we, experts in the field, place it as high as a Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart’s partition.
First call for the conferences
5th International Conference on Advances in Solidification Processes (ICASP-5)
5th International Symposium on Cutting Edge of Computer Simulation of Solidification, Casting and Refining (CSSCR-5)
When: June 17-21 2019
Key features of the joint event
- Solidification processes and solidification science
- Limited attendance (round 200 participants) to provide an optimal atmosphere for exchanges
- To the utmost extent bring together expertise from both modeling and experimental researches in the field of solidification
- 3 parallel sessions, international attendance, duration of 4 days, and UNESCO World Heritage city of Salzburg
History in brief
- CSSCR: Osaka (Japan, 1999), Sapporo (Japan, 2010), Stockholm (Sweden, 2013), Xi’an (China, 2016)
- ICASP: Stockholm (Sweden, 2005), Segau (Austria, 2008), Aachen (Germany, 2011), London (UK, 2014)
- Charles-André Gandin, MINES ParisTech, France
- Menghuai Wu, University of Leoben, Austria
Local committee member:
- Bruno Hribernik, ASMET
- Yvonne Dworak, ASMET
- Melanie Baumgartner, ASMET
It is planned to have all the accepted papers published in a special issue of the IOP conference series: Materials Science and Engineering.
- Abstract Submission 15 June 2018
- Notification of Acceptance 15 July 2018
- Full Paper Submission (1st version) 15 October 2018
- Full Paper Submission (final version) 31 December 2018
Submit your abstract!
Deadline for abstract submission: 15 June 2018
of the conferences
- Solidification fundamentals (thermodynamics, nucleation, crystal growth kinetics, coarsening, mushy zone, fragmentation, etc.)
- Modeling and simulation (analytical and numerical models, numerical methods, verification and validation of models)
- Solidification observations (advanced microscopy, electron beam analysis, transparent organic analogues, X-ray tomography, confocal scanning laser microscope, imaging and analysis).
- Solidification processing (continuous casting, shape casting, ingot, directional solidification, rapid solidification, semi-solid processing, welding, additive manufacturing, solidification/remelting under imposed electromagnetic or high magnetic fields, etc.)
- Structural/compositional heterogeneity and other solidification accompanying phenomena (columnar-to-equiaxed transition, micro- and macrosegregation, cavity and porosity, hot tearing, non-metallic inclusions, stress-strain and deformation, etc.)
Our Keynote SpeakersComing Soon...
Salzburg is known as the city where Mozart was born and raised and as the film location for “The Sound of Music.”
It is characterized by the historic city center with its narrow streets and spacious squares (listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site), the “Mozartkugel” chocolate praline, the Salzburg Festival and the stunning mountain panorama.
The baroque city is a harmonious blend of scenic landscapes and architecture, art and culture, traditional and modern facets – small, esthetic and sophisticated.